Zalo was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app plays a critical part in forming online communities in Vietnam and Myanmar where people can chat and share what matters to them.
The Mobile UI Design Lead position will play a pivotal role in developing products and features to serve multi-millions of users. You have a solid reputation for great mobile products, who are an amazing designer, an empowering manager and a hands-on- coach for the design team. You will serve as a dynamic intersection of Design and Tech teams and manage the process of turning ideas into reality.
What you’ll do
- Manage and develop Design team, make design become a driving force in how we approach product development .
- Take charge and explore new trends and ideas to re-imagine product designs and work on ground-breaking strategic improvements to the designs .
- Scale the user-centric design discipline across the design team and play the role of a collaboration between Design, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams .
- Accountable for people management. Responsibilities including actively participating in hiring, training and evaluating team members .
- Be both a creative inspiration for the team and a hands-on-coach with well-rounded professional and soft skills .
What you’ll need
- Willingness to make changes and help our products to achieve more explosive growth .
- At least 5 years of mobile product design experience and at least 2 years of management experience .
- Previous experience as a senior design role at internet/mobile tech companies, where you established a history of significant design work .
- Excellent organization and analytical skills and experience in product strategic planning .
- Demonstration of an ability to plan and conduct design research in collaboration with various teams including User research, Data analysis, Software engineering, Marketing, and Product management .
- Being known for building, managing and training successful design team(s) is a big plus.